Thursday, April 24, 2008

Guess who? Great gloves!










A couple of almost finished gloves - thanks to a great workshop by Holli Yeoh in Vancouver on April 12. The workshop was relaxing and interesting and a good time was had by all - but most important, it showed me how to use up some of these little odds and ends of yarn that I have left over! These gloves are too small for me, but will be happy with a friend's daughter. I was intrigued by the way the yarn patterned in the ring finger - look - on one hand, the tan spirals up the finger - but on the other - it falls into vertical stripes! Must have messed with my tension as I worked. I have never seen vertical stripes like this before...

This is the little Debbie Bliss classic baby sweater appeared in Vogue Knitting a couple of seasons ago. I love the Sirdar Baby Bamboo - how soft it is and how easy to work with. I hope to have this completed within a day or two.

No comments: