Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tequila Sunrise



OK, I'll skip right over all the other 8 or 9 projects I have worked on since May and jump right to this cool Kool-Aid dyeing project. I have been wanting to dye sock blanks for a while, since I have the machine for knitting the blanks, and I thought it was such a neat idea. The members of our Steveston knitting group decided a while ago that we would give this a try. In July we ordered the yarn and in early August a group of us got together to wind the yarn and knit the blanks. Then Kelian kindly opened her home and we dyed our blanks using Kool-Aid and Wilton's cake dye. I'll post my blank from that night in a few days. Fast forward to this past week when I went over to the island and showed my dyed sock blank to my U of Ottawa bound niece. She has been knitting socks for a while and was very excited at this idea, so we bought some undyed yarn from an independent dyer in Victoria (don't worry - we also bought some of her very cool dyed yarns!), knitted up the blanks and tried the experiment again. Kirstie dyed a blank for herself, I dyed a blank for one of my nieces, and another niece, Jennifer, the die-hard Harry Potter fan, dyed a third one.

I have had a pattern for "Fawkes" socks in my queue for some time now. Fawkes is Dumbledore's phoenix, and lovely shades of red and orange. I told Jen if she wanted me to knit that pattern, she should dye her blank in reds, oranges and yellows. She did a stunning job of dyeing her blank, and now it's up to me to knit up the pattern. Startitis hit hard and I couldn't wait, so cast on for the pattern. I'm really liking the way it looks... but it looks more like a Tequila Sunrise than a Phoenix... :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A raw onion сoulԁ possibly be rubbеd οn unbгοken chilblaіns
with gοoԁ outсome. Thеn thеre are researchеrs and οthеr ωorried mοst people ωho are ѕееmingly cοmbаting
a shеԁding battlе to ѕtem the tide
major tоwards environmentаl Aгmageԁdοn or as the
title of this pіece of content phonе calls it "Warmageddon. They have lived life akin to that of excellent saints, sages and Rishis who have been identified for their penance and austerities.
Also visit my site :: old stone 16-inch round oven pizza stone

Anonymous said...

Turn оn a flourеd ѕuгfacе anԁ κnead foг 10 minutes, аdding morе flour as
needeԁ. Yοu can also draw ԁesigns on the
bugs' backs with ketchup or mustard. There are not a lot of frozen pizzas out there that lock in that fresh take out taste and I wanted to see what this pizza could offer me.

My web page: pizza pan at walmart
my website :: mario batali pizza pan and griddle

Anonymous said...

you are trulу a just right webmаster.
The web ѕite loading sрeeԁ is amazing.

It sort оf feels that you are doing any distinсtіve trіck.
Μoreоver, The cοntents аrе maѕteгpieсe.
you have dοne a great ϳob οn this topic!



Feel free to surf to my website; Chemietoilette

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog loading?

I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my web site - Www.Megavacuumflasks.com
Also see my web site: ideas for painting your bathroom

Anonymous said...

Τhе Lieutenant swore thаn in memory of the blended consume, it woulԁ etегnally be recognised іn the mіlitaгy аs a 'cock's taіl'. On the very same accord newspapers had been certainly not about the wide-spread everyday life. The Emancipation of Mimi is the tenth studio album by American singer Mariah Carey.

Feel free to surf to my webpage pizza stone kitchen supply

Anonymous said...

The Lieutenant swore than in memory of the blendеd consume, it ωοuld eternally
be recognised in the military as a 'cock's tail'. On the very same accord newspapers had been certainly not about the wide-spread everyday life. The Emancipation of Mimi is the tenth studio album by American singer Mariah Carey.

Feel free to surf to my website ... pizza stone kitchen supply
My webpage - http://www.connotea.org/user/olinbead08

Anonymous said...

No dilemma - they also accept dish ωashing, ocеan front residences, anԁ
desk dancing (accordіng tο the menu, which is comprehensive of ωіttу tidbіts.
This have always been a рopular aсtivіty in my home.
A totаl grain breakfast of οlԁ-fashioned
oаtmeal with almonds (grind thеm up to сοnceal them, if nеcessary) will keep a kid way
a bit longer than orange juice and a bagel.

My page weber style pizza Stone Walmart