Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Baby blanket

I've been trying to think what other projects I have completed this year. This baby blanket is the only one I can come up with. I knitted it for the daughter of a friend; baby Melissa was born in May and the blanket was completed and given a couple of months ago. These photos show the work in progress. The yarn I used, Kelly, is a cotton/acrylic blend for easy care, and I loved the way the colours blended on the ball. That's why I took these photos with the ball on top of the blanket; I was really disappointed with the way the blended effect disappeared into stripiness on the blanket. The lace pattern was adapted from an afghan pattern in The pattern companion: Knitting. The pattern was an easy knit, quickly memorized and it grew quickly on the larger needles.

Tomorrow, product vs process!

No comments: